Monday, February 26, 2007

almost a month has gone by...

I know, I know, it's been a while - almost a month, in fact. Needless to say, I'm pretty exhausted and the ole' blog isn't a very high priority. School and the job hunt has been keeping me busy - I'm just real tired. The good news is that Inside The Box is almost finished! We're compositing now, and it's looking sweet! I'm very proud of the four of us who have remained faithful to this project. We hope to finish it in time for the SIGGRAPH deadline.

In other news, the generic character (now called: Andy) is modeled and rigged and in the texturing phase. The very talented Ying-Chi (Rae) Chen has agreed to help texture it, so I'm very excited about that. She's the best we have here at SCAD, so her help all but guarantees that this project will be a success.

I've also just finished my finger rig module! I'm happy with how it turned out. Look for that to be added to the rig section of my website after a bit more testing.

To make amends for the lack of posting, here's a WIP documentary on my short film: "Inside The Box." All the credit goes to my right hand man, Nitesh Patel. I'm the worst part about this video, so if you can ignore me, this is a lot of fun to watch. Now it's your chance to meet the many talented people who slaved away on the project:

http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jdoubl20/files/ITB_Docdocumentary(compressed)_512k.wmv
(download is aprox. 50MB)

No comments: