Sunday, May 04, 2008

A new job...already!?

Well it hasnt even been a year for me yet here in southern california and I'm already picking up and leaving! Two weeks ago a job offer came out of the blue and it was an offer I couldnt refuse. Deciding to leave my job and life here in Hollywood is one of the toughest decisions I've made yet in my 24 years, and so I thank all of you who prayed for me and gave me advice. I am very concerned about leaving XLT in a bad position, since they gave me a chance and were so good to me, but I successfully negotiated a start date one month from now with the hopes that it will be enough time to find my replacement and tie up loose ends. After agonizing over this decision, things have started to fall into place. The only real hitch is that breaking my lease will cost me three months rent as a penalty - no small fee when you consider my rent here is as much or more than my parents morgage in Indiana! My new job wont cover this and I wont be making any more than I used to either - but the opportunities for learning make it worth it. I'm starting at the bottom, but it is a staff position, so at least there are opportunities for some benefits. That's right, you're looking at Industrial Light and Magic's newest Assistant Creature Technical Director. See you in San Fran Sicko!

4 comments:

Mark said...

DANG! i knew it was only a matter of time....

CONGRATS MAN!!!

Ornery100 said...

Sounds like someone has been busy! Enjoy your new job and congratulations.

Drew said...

Hey John, this is Drew Fletcher.

Congrats! I have heard North Cal is better anyway. :)

Joanne said...

Hi John, you don't know me, but I'm using the Morpheus rig in animation school, and the link to your site for the jtdParentUI leads to a Korean(?) site for colored contact lenses. With the address www.johndoublestein.com. TRICKERY! Is there a place where that download might still exist? I'm googling it and not coming up with it. I don't know what the odds are that you'll even see this, but it's worth a shot! Thanks, dude!