Monday, October 09, 2006

JTD rigging tools update

Since my last post, I've added and perfected the neck rig and the leg rig modules. I've also better implemented the rig primitive system so that the rig parts automatically hook themselves onto the other primitives in the scene. This saves a lot of time previously spent in the dynamic parenting tab. With a little help from Jason (www.jonhandhisdog.com) the shoulders are finally stable and the resulting rig is really solid. I still havent figured out how to do the finger setup UI, but that's really the last step before bug checking and testing. I'm also working on a simple way to connect the original bind skeleton to the rig skeleton, since the rig skeleton gets broken up into separate parts that you probably wouldnt want to bind to a mesh. It's easy to do by hand (point and orient constraints) but since I'm aiming this at a non-technical audience, I have to come up with something that only takes one or two clicks. We'll see what I can come up with after midterms, this sculpture class is killing me.

No comments: