Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Adv Figure Drawing #7



I dont have much time to write, since there's less than a week left of school, but perhaps you'd enjoy seeing some progress on the sculpture. The plastic skeleton has to be done for tomorrow, then we tear off all the clay and return it, so that's my priority for today. On the final ecroche I've finished the neck, back, chest, arms and lower legs. That leaves the upper legs, butt and all the muscle striations. I lugged it into class on Tuesday (it's probably over 50 pounds) and got some great feedback from my professor. It really does blow everyone else's away, but I knew he liked it when he asked if I was also going to turn in a CD with photos of it in progress. See, he will often patronize students by complementing their work, even though it's often pretty bad (especially compared to his work) so it's hard to know if he really likes what you've done. However, he didnt ask anyone else for photos, so I knew he was impressed. I'll let you know how the final critique goes on Tuesday. I still have all the drawings to do :-(

No comments: