Saturday, November 04, 2006

Victory is mine!

Hooray! I finally did well at a fencing tournament! Last weekend the fencing team went to Georgia Southern University for the Halloween Open fencing tournament. I did pretty poorly (placed 9th out of 20) early in the morning at the D and under tourney (a D-1 event), but things went well for me at the open later in the day, which was a C-1 rated event! I placed third (out of 21), which means I not only got a cool skull necklace as a trophy but I also leveled up! I went from being unrated to earning my D (skipping completely over the E). I lost to a B rated fencer, but not before scoring 10 points on him. I'm not sure why there was such a difference between the D and under and the open, but I suppose I was just finally on my game. I'm not sore anymore, but the bruises still haven't healed yet.

http://askfred.net/Results/results.php?tournament_id=2394&FREDSID=89c5329e6b24df6603d1ab2712ca6b26

No comments: