Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Some small insight

Just a little insight from good ol' Hammish McKenzie regarding scripting:

"...of course, more often than not, advanced tools generally enable people to work faster and find other problems based on the new tools. which of course means my work is never done. and thank goodness, or I’d be out of a job…"

As with the real world, If you're careful to always keep learning, automation won't put you out of a job. Instead, it will let you move on to bigger and better problems, which is very good because I hate doing the same thing all the time. "Forever a student," as they say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

write a post or send me a private email about your talk with pixar - i'd love to hear how that went.

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful about your Pixar phone interview!! How did it go?? Good luck!!!

(oh, and this is Lindsey Butterworth... I don't have a blogger account)