Friday, March 28, 2008

A new adventure!


 
Well after some ups and downs I now have the title for my 1965 Vespa 180 Super Sport!!!!!!!! (The exclamation points are a small indication of my excitement) I even have the original 180cc engine in my trunk (right now it has a new - though not as powerful - engine in it). I have yet to get it licensed or even get a helmet, but all in good time. The woman who sold this to me was extremely kind and went out of her way to help me get this scooter - even by lowering her asking price and giving me first grabs. Since I cant drive it yet, it's still at the shop, but I'll be sure to get some pictures up when I get it home. So sweeeeeet!


4 comments:

Cheryl said...

AWESOME JOHN!! I think you've been wanting one of these thingies for a looooooooong time!!! Have fun..stay safe....!

JohnDoublestein said...

Thanks Cheryl! I made sure to up the health-insurance coverage just in case :-)

Professor Zoom said...

Congratulations John! I know the feeling well... when I bought my Classic Mini Cooper. Almost as safe as your Vespa!

JohnDoublestein said...

Hi Professor Zoom! You sure look an awful lot like one of my favorite elementary school teachers...I liked the pictures of your mini and wish I could go to the world's largest ball of paint too, you look like you have an awful lot of fun! Thanks for saying hello!