Monday, March 24, 2008

What could happen next?


I'm THIS close to buying a 60's era Vespa 180 Super Sport. The one I found needs some work, but the price is right and Super Sports are super rare. It has some major drawbacks (its missing the original engine and the original cowels), but those things put it in my price range. It has a new engine in it, replacement cowels and really just needs a new paint job (though, those are pricey). Im banking on the paint job being a theft-deterrant so it doesnt bother me too much right now. Tune in tomorrow to see if I pulled the trigger (or swung the bat, depending on how much you know about anime references).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a really nice scooter, I have hardly ever seen
a 180 super sport. Looks like a primevera with the square headlight.

I'm a big scooter admirer from the
UK and an animator also.


How's the rigging scripts coming on?



Darren

JohnDoublestein said...

Hey Darren, thanks for saying hello! I'm really excited about the scooter, and the owner is going to include the original (non-working) engine in the sale, so I can have the option of restoring it in the future! The new rigging scripts are working (we're using them at work) but they're not polished yet. I put them on the back-burner to finish a new facial rig I'm working on prototyping. The face is looking great and will find its way onto Andy 2.0 (the face is andy's biggest weakness right now). Hope things are well in the UK!

Anonymous said...

Hi John,

Things are wet here in the UK
especially in Manchester that's
why I have yet to buy my dream scooter. You definately getting
the scooter then? It's sounds like
a nice one. You have the weather
for it as well, unlike myself.

Scooters don't like the wet much.

Great stuff your doing with the
andy rig wish I had time to animate with it but I am working on my short film so all my energies
are put into that.

Keep us posted on the rigging scripts.


Later


Darren