Saturday, September 30, 2006

Advanced Figure Drawing #4

What, with the title of this class being adv. figure DRAWING, I figure that I owe you at least a few sketches. You'll finally see some drawings, but before that, how about some pictures of the rib cage? We've gotten the head primitive form down, and now we're working on the rib cage. I've added it to my ecroche, but I've still got to make a smaller version out of sculpy like I did for the head (the work never ends). You can also see the Plastilina head form on the armature. For the sketches, we start with a simple egg, soup can and teacup, then we cut them up to a more descriptive form, just like we do with the clay. That's why it's important to draw through the model, lightly placing those edges even if they're obscured and cant be seen. Enjoy!







No comments: