Sunday, September 17, 2006

Headphones


So I've been doing my research on headphones. I'm looking to get some new phones worthy of my new DAP. My previous favorite pair of headphones have started shorting out, and since they fit over my ears like a vise, my head is sore after five or six hours of wearing them. I've always had my eye on a pair of Bose QC2 active noise cancelling headphones and loved their sound and comfort when I finally got a chance to hear them (thanks to Chris Henderson). However, those are a bit out of my price range (~$300) and I'm now much more interested in getting a good pair of earbud headphones. I almost put down the money for the Etymotic Research ER-6 Ioslator headphones which got a great review in MaximumPC, but was turned away when I read lots of complaints about their lack of bass. I then turned to the creative Aurvana earbuds, and at $100, they're more than I'm willing to spend so I would've had to find a real good deal to consider these babies. Once again a search of the reviews revealed that these phones got dinged on their bass reproduction. I was about to just give up and get some $30 Sony phones, but then I did a price search for some headphones I never thought I could afford so didnt even consider. Shure makes some excellent earbuds but at $100-$300 I figured there was no way I could afford them. Imagine my surprise when I saw the base model on amazon for only $70! The Shure E2C-n usually cost $100 but I can get them for $30 off with free shipping so I think I'm gonna jump on them. They're not only critically acclaimed, but normal people love them too. I can't wait!


No comments: