Monday, September 18, 2006

JTD rigging tools


I hope to use this blog to also track the progess of my auto-rigging MEL sript: JTD rigging tools. One of the main reasons that I'm developing this is that I want to help people complete their animation projects, but I just dont have time to help everyone that asks. I've tried to steer them towards other rigging tools like The Setup Machine2 or zooCST, but I dont know these tools very well so I can't expand them. With my own approach I can help when problems arise and expand the tool to add features that they request. Developing this has helped me learn a lot, but in the end I hope it helps my fellow classmates finish their projects before they graduate! Last night I finished the foot rig module. It's a lot of code, especially since it's built off of the arm rig module and includes support for the two most popular types of foot joint placement - the one that includes the heel, and the one that goes straight from the ankle to the ball of the foot. There's still much to be done, but I'm getting close to being able to release a beta version. I've got one big problem to fix with the shoulders, then I need to code the neck setup. Maybe in a week or two I'll put up a download and a few sample videos. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey i was useing your JTD tool to rig one of my characeter .. and i rigged the spine and the neck .. but wen i go to his hands .. he won't do it .. i did the same thing like in your tutorials it gives an error "A joint must be selected" .. here is the screen shot of it " http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/problem1z.jpg/ " .. i will be glad if you help me out

-karna